Effective May 2020
Types of personal information we collect and hold
“Personal information” is information or an opinion about you or which is reasonably identifiable as you, whether or not the information or opinion is true and whether or not the information is recorded in a material form.
“Cardholder” means any person that has registered their scheme branded prepaid reloadable, credit, debit, charge, purchase or other valid payment card issued by an Australian bank or financial institution (including any electronic derivation) to participate in a card-linked rewards program administered through the Platform (“Program”) and is enrolled to participate in the Program.
The types of personal information that we may collect includes:
- name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact details;
- age and gender;
- records of our interactions with you;
- your computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Website and other standard web log information;
- the details of each transaction conducted by a Cardholder that is transmitted and/or processed through the Platform, for the purpose of a Program, including:
- the primary account number of a cardholder’s account (or subset thereof);
- the unique user identification number, location ID,
- the purchase amount; and
- the date and time of the transaction.
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us;
- any other personal information you may volunteer.
We may collect personal information about:
- contractors and suppliers;
- third parties seeking or using our Services;
- other people who come into contact with us in the ordinary course of business; and
How we collect and hold personal information
In general, we do not collect your personal information, unless you provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly during your dealings with us, including by way of:
- when you voluntarily use the Services;
- when you participate in a Program;
- personal contact with us at a face-to-face meeting or situation;
- correspondence, chats, social applications or services, mail, email or telephone;
- when you invest in our business or enquire about a potential acquisition of our business.
In some cases, we collect personal information from third parties including from merchants when Cardholders participate in a Program, public sources, our related companies and our service providers. We may hold your personal information in hard copy files and/or electronic files.
We may hold your personal information in hard copy files and/or electronic files.
Why we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information
We will use and disclose your personal information only for the purpose (the “primary purpose”) for which you provide it to us, which may include:
- to provide you with any services that you may request including enabling you to access and use the Platform and the Services from time to time;
- to respond to any query or complaint that you may make or otherwise provide customer support;
- for internal administration and operational purposes such as preventing fraud and abuse of our systems and to troubleshoot bugs;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise the Platform, the Services and our business such as to perform analytics, conduct research, evaluation and development and quality control purposes and for advertising and marketing;
- for all purposes relating to offering and administering a Program;
- to consider your employment or contractual engagement application.
Who we disclose your personal information to
We may disclose your personal information to:
- if we have collected your personal information as the result of your participation in a Program; to third parties who engage us or use the Platform for offering and administering a Program, such as the Program owner
- third party service providers or affiliates within or outside of Australia who work on behalf of or with us to provide some of our administrative and other services, such as processing payments (such as credit card payments). We require such service providers to agree not to use such information except as necessary to provide the services to us;
- professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- any party to whom our assets or business may be transferred or with whom we are merged;
- enforcement or regulatory authorities, within and outside of Australia, if required by law.
Managing your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information we collect is up-to-date, complete and accurate, and any personal information that we use or disclose is up-to-date, complete, accurate and relevant.
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at Level 4, 11 York Street Sydney NSW 2000. to seek any of the following:
- Access: You can ask us for a copy of your personal information.
- Change or correct information: You can also ask us to correct or update your personal information.
- Delete your personal information: You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal information (e.g. if you withdraw your consent, or it is no longer necessary to provide the Services to you).
- Object to, or limit or restrict, use of personal information: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal information (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g. if your personal information is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
Sometimes we may not be able to provide you with access to some or all of your personal information. If this is the case, we will tell you why. We may need to verify your identity when you request access to your personal information. We use a third party autoresponder to manage our subscriber lists. You can update your details for the mailing to which you have subscribed via the link on any emails that we send to you, or by contacting us.
Complaints about a privacy breach